Bitly is seeking mid-level and senior Application Engineers to help improve and expand the services that power all of our products.
Does API Design make you excited? Are you up to the challenge of building scalable, robust, distributed systems? Do you see an opportunity in building tools to help people understand the world around them? Then bitly might be the right place for you.
As an Application Engineer at bitly you will:
- Take the tools created by our infrastructure team and combine them with the knowledge gained by our science team to build the services that drive all of our products.
- Create, manage, and improve web APIs that clearly, accurately, and efficiently provide clients with the data they need.
- Work with people throughout the company to understand the goals, needs, and priorities of systems and turn that understanding into a specific plan of attack.
- Design and build large scale, distributed, highly available, well tested, and easily managed services.
- Use a variety of tools and languages including Python, Go, Redis, Hadoop, MySQL, Riak, and more.
An ideal candidate for this role:
- Has a solid background in writing understandable, testable, and efficient code.
- Has a good understanding of how to design robust and scalable services.
- Is familiar with relevant tools and technologies and stays up to date with on going changes and advancements.
- Intimately knows how web protocols, clients, and servers work.
- Is able to identify and communicate the maintainability, development time, operational cost, and user experience trade-offs of different approaches and solutions.
- Has experience with and opinions about automated testing.
- Is able to take initiative in addressing issues or seeking support from fellow team members.
- Has experience working with version control systems (preferably distributed VCS like Git)
- Has a bachelors in computer science or equivalent experience.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.