We’re looking for a back-end software engineer with excellent programming skills to join our team. We need a team player who can create highly scalable apps that thousands of users interact with daily. The ideal candidate has experience building real products for web and should be able to present examples of their work.
You will collaborate to help specify, design, and develop software meeting product requirements, with lead responsibility for different areas of the architecture. You’ll communicate with and report to the tech lead for these areas.
- Code new features and maintain existing features
- Participate in technical design and architecture
- Write technical documentation
- Participate in code reviews
- Prototype new and redesign features
- Fix bugs
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience.
- 6+ years of programming with a server-side programming language
- 4+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL, preferably PostgreSQL
- 4+ years of experience with web technologies
- Experience in building scalable, secure, high-performance server applications.
- Experience in working with large-scale production databases
- Experience in developing concurrent applications
- Experience with NoSQL
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good understanding of cloud-based applications and application deployment
- Able to learn about and stay up-to-date on new technologies and trends
- Knowledge of design patterns, technology standards, and best practices.
- You care about software quality and performance
- Experience with golang, docker, git, cdn providers
- Open source contributor
This job is open for candidates around the world as we will sponsor the visa. Just make sure you love to play ping-pong or foosball and are ready to move to The Netherlands. We have developers from The Netherlands, Greece, Romania, Portugal and Brazil working in house in Apeldoorn.
How to apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.