Fresh8 Gaming needs your skills in back end development, integration and SQL to advance the data feed technology that underpins our high traffic content serving platform.
This position is about onboarding data feeds from clients, helping automate processes and to build out our backend systems. It's a mix of API discovery and integration work, data manipulation and normalisation, and new feature coding.
You’ll be supported by Senior Back End Developers following TTD principles, within a Kanban delivery framework. We’re about collaboration and openness not command-and-control. We’re fast moving and we iterate and ship code fast.
We’re an early stage business with ambition. We offer a strong technical challenge and ongoing personal development from the many milestones ahead.
Example upcoming projects in your team
- Improving the software to increase throughput of data to near real-time
- Integrating new third-party operator JSON and XML data feeds into our operator DMP
- Investigating automation and code generation to drive developer efficiency
- Developing new services to restructure and improve existing data sources
- Positive, hard-working and easy to get on with
- Proven OOP skills, particularly at at the middle and back end layers
- Competent writing Web services, using XML and JSON
- Competent with SQL and you welcome chance to work on a high throughput database
- Relish the challenge of understanding, modifying and extending APIs
- Can apply the principles of clean code to your work through TDD, pairing and review
- May be considering Junior or Mid-level software engineer jobs in Bristol such as: Go Developer | Golang Developer | Java Developer | Node.js Developer | PHP Developer | Python Developer | Ruby Developer | Back End Developer | Web Application Developer | Web Developer | etc.
Our current technology mix – we'll help you get up to speed
Golang | microservices | Python | BigQuery | Prometheus | PostgreSQL | Redis | distributed systems | Google PubSub | GCP technologies | machine learning | data mining | and more...
Fresh8 Gaming is developing a content serving platform that delivers contextually relevant sports betting adverts and information to existing subscribers within large betting platforms; BetStars, BetVictor, Coral, Sky Bet, The Telegraph and William Hill are example customers. This utilises open source, machine learning and runs in the cloud at scale, supporting millions of subscribers worldwide. http://fresh8gaming.com/
Salary and benefits
- £25,000 – £30,000+ negotiable
- Flexible working practices | 25 days paid holiday | a broad range of practical benefits provided via Perkbox | opportunities to grow your skillset using the latest technologies| personal development time/resources/conferences budget | choose your own hardware | season ticket loan and bike scheme | team outings and inter-office socials, we have offices both in Bristol and London | our whole stack is based on open source software, we've contributed to open source frameworks and plan to open source the reusable components from our application
Location: central Bristol, by Temple Meads
RECRUITERS: Fresh8 Gaming has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed.
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Andrew at techfolk to find out more:
(0117) 318 2447| firstname.lastname@example.org | @we_are_techfolk
How to apply
For more info, please talk with Andrew Gifford at techfolk via +44 (0117) 318 2447 or email@example.com To apply, please share your CV via: http://techfolk.co.uk/current-jobs/back-end-developer-golang-cross-train-central-bristol-tl215