We are a peer-to-peer marketplace, meaning that we deliver platform to satisfy both sides: tenant and landlord of the accommodation market. Housing Anywhere is active in 50+ countries and 250+ cities. We have partnered with 127+ universities worldwide.
We're growing our Product Development team to 30 people (product lead, product owners, front-end engineers, back-end engineers, QA engineers and UX/UI designers). To strengthen our team, we are looking for a talented back-end engineer to join our team full-time.
Our tech stack:
Currently, the platform is built mainly using Go (Golang) backed by a PostgreSQL database. The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. Other technologies and tools that we use are Jenkins, CircleCI, Kubernetes, Docker, NSQ, RabbitMQ, Prometheus, Stackdriver, Grafana, ReactJS, Redux, GraphQL, SASS, Webpack.
- Build and maintain application of the platform.
- Monitoring of application and services.
- Managing, improving and supporting cloud infrastructure for HousingAnywhere platform.
- Developing microservices for the platform.
- Integrating with 3rd party tools.
- Collaborating with QA and other engineering teams on developing and improving our CI/CD pipeline.
- Delivering reliable and performing code.
- Experience with Go and microservices in production-grade environments
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, CircleCI
- Experience with messaging platforms (e.g. NSQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform / Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring and logging (e.g. Stackdriver, Prometheus)
- Basic understanding of what a good burger tastes like
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is a bonus, although actual experience is always preferred.
Who you are:
- Proactive and open mindset
- Love coding and writing usable, performing and secure software
- Structured and well-organized
- Team player
- Able to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted for changed requirements in time
- Passion for new technologies
What do we offer?
- Salary that represents your experience
- Relocation package: we will pay for your VISA if you join us from abroad. In that case we will also reimburse 100% of your personal flight ticket, and 50% of the flight ticket(s) of potential family members that join.
- Allowance to choose your own gear
- Agile, agile, agile. Flat hierarchy where your voice will be truly heard
- Opportunities to attend interesting training sessions and conferences
- High responsibility and big impact; changes to the website are visible to a global audience
- You will work in an international start-up company, with a young, dynamic team of 35 full time people and 12 different nationalities. We’re very fun to work with! And we’re very welcoming
- Friday company drinks !!!
- Cool office in the heart of Rotterdam
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- Starting: ASAP.
- Probationary period: 1 month (remotely if you are located outside of the Netherlands).
- Period: we would like to start with a period of 7 months.
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- For questions, email HR[at]housinganywhere.com We will be in touch with you within a few days.
- To apply, you can click the button below.