What we want
An exciting opportunity to work at the new Shell Agile Hub. We are looking for talented Go Engineers with great communication skills to join This new venture sets out to do things differently – we’re taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agileour team. technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you’ll certainly not be bored! We are a proactive group of engineers looking for candidates who are willing to do more than just respond to issues. We thrive on working smart not hard, and always look for opportunities to automate as much of our operations as possible. We make our own alerts, find anomalies, fix issues and ask why things happen.
We use Open Source tools deployed on the Azure environment.
- Build a range of enterprise-grade APIs to serve multiple internal and external consumers ranging from customer-facing apps to machine learning pipelines
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested code
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate and seek feedback
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Document the architecture in Confluence
- Use Jira for Agile development
- Use GitHub/CircleCI for CD/CI
- Use Aha for product roadmap documentation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in IT experience on application development, project delivery, and support.
- Strong knowledge and experience delivery using the Go language required.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience deploying production applications (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud).
- Rave about the benefits that CI/CD has given you in previous projects.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing highly scalable backend services.
- Knowledge when to use a non-relational instead of a traditional relational database.
- Solid background in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture.
- Comfortable working with Unix-like systems.
- Great communication skills.
- Links to online profiles you use such as Github, Twitter, etc.
- Description of your work history (whether as a resume, or LinkedIn profile).
How to apply
Use this job link to apply : https://krb-jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=30030&siteid=5798&Areq=110516BR For any questions, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org