Ecosia is the search engine that plants trees. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, our goal is to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees by 2020.
We're also not a typical company – a social business and one of the first B Corporations in Europe – and this is by no means a typical nine-to-five job. With 2 million users, 25 million searches and more than 1,000 user evangelists, we are now looking for a passionate Back-end Developer who will be responsible for keeping our products on the lean cutting-edge.
What you’ll be doing
- Working on our backend web applications and libraries written in Golang
- Helping define our technology roadmap and the future of products that drive the entire business
- Optimize existing systems for scalability
- Working with other members of the product team to plan and execute on projects from conception through to completion
- Helping innovate and improve an industry-leading product with millions of users
What you bring
- At least 3 years of experience building lean applications for the web, outside the context of monolithic frameworks
- Deep knowledge of all moving parts in a web application
- Strong skills in RESTful API and web-service design
- Strong knowledge of HTTP and networking basics
- You know how to choose the right tool for the job, and you’re eager to learn new skills
- Experience with AWS, Chef, HAProxy, Docker and a knack for DevOps are all huge bonuses
- Respect and passion for our core values
- Fluent spoken and written English
What we offer you
- Chance to be part of a meaningful challenge
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Fantastic workspace in the heart of the Berlin start-up community
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- Space to add your expertise without being rigid about the way things need to be done
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Oh, and organic coffee, and healthy snacks, we have plenty of both
We recognise that you may need further development in some areas and we encourage you to apply even if you have less experience of some of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
How to apply
Please apply via Workable: https://ecosia.workable.com/jobs/130245
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.