Called it! is a social network that’s all about making predictions with friends and the world. Our newly launched app has generated global buzz and our vision of the future is starting to take shape.
We’re looking for a backend engineer to work in collaboration with our mobile developer to deliver exciting new features and to improve the performance of our apps. This requires creativity, technical innovation, and problem solving. The backend developer will also take on some DevOps duties such as maintaining and improving our AWS infrastructure.
As a newly funded startup, we need an experienced self-starter who can confidently own the backend of our stack with little direct management. We offer competitive salary and generous early-employee stock options. We’re flexible on schedule and prefer a mix of remote and in-office work. Join us and make a ground-floor impact on the future of predicting the future!
In your first month you will:
- Review existing infrastructure and identify areas where code quality and performance can be improved.
- Commit improvements and fixes to the existing backend.
- Improve the Called it! admin panel by providing new abilities to internal users.
- Collaborate with our iOS developer to deliver new mobile client features.
In your first six months you will:
- Lead development of key architectural components.
- Provision new services as required.
- Improve application performance and scalability.
- Create processes and procedures for deployment, provisioning, etc.
In your first year you will:
- Ensure the continued stability of the growing Called it! infrastructure.
- Build systems capable of handling extraordinary levels of traffic as the company grows.
- Experienced knowledge of Golang
- Knowledge of the Gorilla toolkit
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Use of Redis, Memcached and NoSQL databases
- Experience with working on Ubuntu Linux
- Creating and scaling large API infrastructure
How to apply
Send your resume or links to firstname.lastname@example.org