Onefootball is the ultimate media platform that enables football fans to get their daily dose of news and scores wherever they are, created by a team of professionals from more than 35 different countries. With +30 engineers based in the heart of Berlin, our mission is to tell the world’s football stories through a stable, scalable and reliable stack. On a monthly base, we reach +30 Million passionate football fans all over the world.
At Onefootball, you will be working in agile, cross functional and self-organized teams to deliver the ultimate product experience for football fans. You will help to create, promote and disseminate standards, gaining valuable experience simultaneously. Our main systems consists of micro service architecture with golang applications serving iOS, Android and Web clients. We have a strong foundation of shipping code through containers using cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes.
- Write code that your co-workers appreciate for its readability and elegance,
- Work on a growing set of backend services that bring the latest scores, match highlights and statistics for hundreds of competitions to our users in no time by closely cooperating with our Product team,
- Be responsible for delivering features and APIs on the backend service side in close cooperation with our Frontend and Apps teams.
- Experience in developing and maintaining fast, scalable and well-documented APIs,
- Knowledge in developing backend services using Go,
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL and Redis and ability to optimize and use them effectively,
- Solid understanding of what scalability, caching and load testing mean,
- You’re convinced that the best backend is made of simple, easy-to-understand building blocks that form a reliable system,
- Knowledge of the current trends in architecture and microservices,
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes and agile methodologies are pluses.
What we offer
At Onefootball we offer a fantastic workplace in Berlin, Prenzlauer Berg, with amazing rooftop terrace, kicker tables and FIFA corner. We provide great IT equipment, free beverages, fruits and cereals in an empowering, international and agile working environment.
As we proudly value our long-term co-workers, we offer one additional vacation day for each working year. You also have the opportunity to attend industry events & conferences, as part of our learning and development system. Add monthly parties & events to a culture of knowledge sharing – with weekly lightning talks, learning sessions and meetups – and you’ll get a great impression of how life working at Onefootball is.
If we have captured your interest and you want to help us build the ultimate media platform for football fans, apply now and join our engineering team!
Onefootball strives for a healthy and safe workplace and is committed to building diverse teams.
How to apply
Apply directly on our career page: https://boards.greenhouse.io/onefootball/jobs/1004599#app
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.