We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business.
Every week small business owners across the world interact with millions of consumers using SumUp. Our team builds products that make these interactions easier, more engaging and more meaningful. We are looking for strong candidates that have interest in helping us get there and building great products along the way. If you feel like one of these people, our consumer mission is hiring for the position of an experienced Backend Developer.
While we have offices in many European cities, this position is remote-friendly (European time zone). We are open to candidates who are looking for part or full time employment.
What you’ll do in this role
- You’ll shape the core services that power our consumer apps on a daily basis.
- You'll work closely with the product and engineering team to find solutions to problems that can adjust to our future requirements.
- In the first three months, you'll develop major features that impact our consumer and merchant base. You'll work closely with the product team to build services that are maintainable, usable, and reliable. You'll help us re-think problems we've solved before in a different way as requirements evolve.
- By the end of your first year, you'll have a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain, as well as its implications in the interface and in the backend. You'll have deployed numerous features in our backend services and provided value to our growing consumer and merchant user base.
You will fit in perfectly to our team if:
- You have a strong programming foundation and experience in a typed language.
- You either have experience in Go, or are willing to invest learning it on the job.
- You are curious about DevOps and have experience with maintaining running systems.
- You enjoy collaborative sessions on API design with product managers, mobile and backend engineers.
- You strive for clean code and know how to write flexible tests that won't break
- You are not afraid to use Google or ask for help when something is beyond your grasp.
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies.
- You'll attend global offsites and regular team events.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
How to apply
To apply please go to [https://bit.ly/SrBEConsumer] For any additional questions please reach me at Tamyres.Rondon@sumup.com
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.