Do you look at systems as a whole?
Do you enjoy breaking problems down to solvable tasks?
Do you want to work autonomously in a friendly, flexible, successful company?
My client is an innovative provider of smart payment and utility monitoring systems for the low-carbon energy market. They manufacture their own embedded devices and manage their onsite Internet-of-Things network. Proud of their award-winning team and products, they maintain high standards and right now they need you on their team!
To develop the next generation of their software solution and to stay at the pinnacle of current technology, working in an agile team using extreme programming techniques, building out advanced modular software. This will include adding modules to an existing service oriented architecture, improving API efficiency and usage, and enhancing the ease of system use for both internal and external customers.
The skills you will need:
- Core Linux knowledge
- Strong current API design
- Experience using Go, gRPC
- Knowledge of Git
- Comfortable reading Python and PHP code
- Good Architecture / Design or UI Design skills
- have a solid track record of Software development in an open source environment.
- be knowledgeable in a range of software tools and languages.
- be naturally inquisitive, actively participating in the architecture of software and hardware, recommending and implementing relevant tools and new processes.
- be confident and self-motivated, comfortable within an SME, you’ll have an excellent interpersonal style, able to operate effectively as part of a dynamic team.
Salary range: £50-60k
You can work remotely from within the UK. You just need to be able to make it to the office in Central London from time to time (Covid permitting).
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.