At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better internet. Cloudflare is a pre-IPO, high-revenue startup, with over 4 million customers, including Cisco, NASDAQ, OkCupid, and Meetup.
We are looking for a engineer to join our billing team; an energetic team focused on finding robust, pragmatic and elegant solutions to difficult problems. You will work on a range of transactional microservices written in Go.
Our tech stack is a modern container-based microservice architecture. Technologies we use include Docker, Go (golang), PostgreSQL, Redis and the usual Unix/Linux tools and workflows. We strive to build reliable, fault tolerant systems that can operate at Cloudflare’s scale.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years professional experience as a developer/engineer
- Knowledge of one or more mainstream programming languages (Go, C/C++, Java, Python, PHP).
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and service security
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with modern Unix/Linux development and runtime environments
- Experience implementing secure and highly-available distributed systems/microservices
- Familiarity with Docker container runtime and orchestration environments
- Experience with API tooling and standards (Swagger/OpenAPI, OAuth/JWT)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a bias towards action
- Competitive salaries and equity
- Fantastic health benefits plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Standing desks
- Weekly happy hours and catered lunches
- Commuter subsidies and bike parking
- Sunny office near CalTrain and BART
Sound like somewhere you'd thrive? We'd love to hear from you!
CloudFlare is a security company. All prospective employees will be subject to an extensive background check.
CloudFlare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.