The Content Platform was born from a project to create a new decoupled site to transition away from a monolithic Drupal site. One year on we are at an exciting point in the Content Platform’s lifecycle, building the capabilities to mature the platform from its Minimum Viable Product (MVP) state to a fully featured distribution platform.
The platform ingests content from various sources, transforming it into a canonical format based on the schema.org standard. That canonical content is then enriched and transformed into distribution formats supporting our Apple News and Facebook Instant Articles integrations. The platform is cloud native, using a variety of Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings like ElasticBeanstalk applications, SQS queues and SNS topics to tie the services together in a reactive architecture.
In this role you would be expected to:
- Build microservices in Golang to expose and promote re-use of content.
- Manage complexity and technical debt within the codebase by encapsulating, abstracting and refactoring.
- Produce technical documentation detailing architecture and technical approaches.
- Learn and recommend new technologies and apply them to projects.
- Transform business goals and target architecture into well engineered solutions delivered in iterations
- Work effectively within a DevOps environment, looking for opportunities to automate deployments and bridge the traditional skill sets.
- Analyze and troubleshoot services in a distributed system