Genetic Networks is a young company that leverages it's own novel technology and datasets to aid in the drug discovery process. This unique, proprietary biological data is integrated with biological data from multiple sources that include gene networks, genomic data, phenotype data, and drug assays. This integrated data is analyzed using a variety of network-based analyses and statistical models. The successful applicant for this position will be able to develop cloud based infrastructure and microservices to connect our analytical platforms and data warehouse.
The DevOps Engineer will report to the Director of Computational Biology and coordinate with Genetic Networks’ data architect and scientists from various disciplines. As a Genetic Networks employee, you will be part of a dynamic team shaping the future of medicine and drug discovery. The work location for this position is our offices in Miami, FL or remotely. Remote work must be performed in the continental United States and will require up to 6 trips annually to meet with team members.
- You will work closely with computational biologists, bioinformaticians, other scientists, and data architects.
- You will develop and maintain cloud-based computational infrastructure (GCP).
- You will develop and maintain microservices (gRPC, REST).
- You will write high-quality code with appropriate tests and documentation.
- You will assist with development of a robust engineering culture through code review, mentoring, and providing tooling for other programmers (e.g. CI/CD, issue tracking, etc).
- You will write reports summarizing your work and progress
- Minimum of B.S. in computer science, computational biology, or a related field.
- 4+ years writing Go (GN’s primary language), Python, or similar language.
- 3+ years developing and integrating microservices (preferably using gRPC)
- 2+ years experience with containers (e.g., Docker)
- 3+ years experience with version control
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic and able to work collaboratively and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Ability to write succinct reports on project progress and document code
- Biology background, especially working with/interpreting -omics data
- M.S. in Computer Science
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with issue tracking and project management tools
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.