Ideally, we'd love to bring in an experienced engineer who wants to join an innovative culture, implementing bleeding edge technology at a global scale.
Having a thirst for delivering rock solid and highly scalable infrastructure should be ingrained into you. Battle scars of your experience in the form of DevOps anecdotes and personal projects will fit you right into this team of veterans.
What skills & experience would we like you to bring to Beamery?
- You actively contribute to docker hub or other public community.
- Expertise in Kubernetes, Rancher or Docker swarm.
- Terraform/Ansible are second nature and your tool of choice for deploying infrastructure.
- Fluent in Go, Nodejs or python.
- Passion for Linux and ability to work only in the shell.
- You’ll be experienced in scaling databases (MongoDB).
- Able to give opinions on tmux vs screen.
- Will have the ability to manage multiple systems across stratified environments.
What responsibilities will you have here?
- Ability to perform complex work that is a dependent requirement of feature teams to deliver.
- Mindfulness of scaling architecture to meet global demand.
- Enthusiasm around DevOps and a keen desire to get other people involved.
- A sense of ownership across platforms and environments.
- Out of hours debugging when an emergency arises and you’re the only person on this planet that can fix it.
- Ownership. Everyone gets stock options.
- Learning. Dedicated learning time every week, with budgets for resources, books and conferences.
- Wellness. Gym discounts, coffee and whatever you need to keep you at your best.
- [Insert other generic startup perks]. Yes we have those... but what's more important are the three points above. A team that gets shit done, and has more fun doing it. More than any ping pong tournament (although we do get competitive at that too).