Platform Engineers work collaboratively with the engineering and project teams alongside producers, designers and engineers. In this role you will; work on the development of backend microservices in collaboration with the engineering team and support the team through maintaining our continuous integration and deployment processes.
We design and build services, platforms and products for our customers and your role will be focused on building platforms and APIs for the team to build on. We also research, prototype and build our own products as part of our R&D process - you’ll be actively involved in this with opportunities to explore technologies you are most interested in.
What you will be doing
- Building backend microservices and APIs (Go, Serverless / Cloud Functions, Node).
- Supporting the team with CI/CD automation (i.e. creating staging environments so our frontend engineers can test their code).
- Helping to scope and define effort for infrastructure requirements on a variety of different projects – from CMS’s to large scale eCommerce projects.
- Day-to-day management and monitoring of our GCP infrastructure.
- Keeping up to date with and identifying suitable new technology-related trends, techniques, tools and methodologies.
- 2+ years experience in a digital agency, startup or product team.
- Strong programming skills with development experience and expertise in at least one language (preferably Go).
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with scalable cloud deployments (GCP ideally but any other cloud platform like AWS or Azure).
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, Redis, Cloud Datastore/Firestore).
- Familiarity with test driven development .
- Deep familiarity with Linux/Unix.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, containers, and container orchestration technologies.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (ideally Terraform).
- Knowledge of secure coding practices including OWASP, secrets management, and vulnerability remediation.
- Familiarity with security auditing (Web Security Scanner, Burp Suite).
The mindset we are looking for
Love what you do; we really care about our clients and the work.
Love to learn; learning new things is what motivates all of us and is why we love the Web.
Be proactive; you get out what you put in.
Show talent; make us feel like we’ll never be that good.
Attention to detail; we worry, fret and polish till it’s right.
What you’ll get out of it
We’re a small company and a tight team - we work collaboratively, we share load, we have deep specialist experience but often blend roles.
We’re also a tech start-up — researching, prototyping and building our own products as part of our R&D process. You’ll be actively involved in this with opportunities to explore technologies you’re most interested in.
We pay fair London wages, encourage decent amounts of holiday and support remote and flexible working. To make sure our staff are as safe as possible during the pandemic, we are all working from home, with mature systems and processes in place that make this as easy as possible. In 2021 we’ll be making fresh decisions about how and where we work. It will be flexible, you’ll be allowed to work from home if you like it and there will be alternatives if you don’t.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.