Planetary is looking to hire a full time developer to work on open source decentralized social media protocols. Planetary uses and contributes development to the secure scuttlebutt and is working with Twitter’s new Bluesky to build new decentralized social media protocol.
We’re looking developers who care about changing the world, building a future where a single company doesn’t control our data, where governments and advertisers can’t read our every message.
Planetary is a fully remote company with people in California, Spain, Uruguay, and New Zealand.
- Lead development on planetary’s golang secure scuttlebutt engine.
- Assist in gathering requirements, designing solutions, and building decentralized protocols.
- Develop working software, with an eye towards security and usability
- Research and contribute to existing protocols and standards
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Expertise in one or more relevant fields: applied cryptography, user authentication and authorization standards, open messaging protocols, decentralized networks
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing open source software
- Experience working on small teams with a bias towards action
- Experience working remotely
- Enthusiasm for learning and trying new things
- Understand blockchain but don't believe it's a universal solution.
- Have experience developing with / for scuttlebutt, dat, gun, ipfs, matrix, ceramic, holochain, mim, and solid.
We're a funded company doing open source development of a decentralized future that puts communities in control of their digital spaces. We provide competitive salaries to developers located anywhere. This is a full time position.
How to apply
Find us on scuttlebutt or fill out the application online: https://apply.workable.com/planetary/j/89A8B9B5E0/
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.