Cuvva is making car insurance radically better.
We’re creating truly flexible products that meet people’s real needs. Using lightning-fast technology to unlock better experiences and fairer prices for our customers, Cuvva is building the future of insurance every day.
Cuvva was the first UK company to sell hourly insurance through an app. Since then we’ve sold over 3 million policies and supported over 450,000 customers. We’re a world-class team of over 100 people, passionate about solving our customers’ problems. Join us.
Why work for Cuvva?
We don’t cut corners. We strive to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us.
We are customer centric and everyone in every area of the business–including our CEO & Founder Freddy–is expected to spend a few hours a month on customer support. This is so we all fully understand customer needs and how the app works! Here’s a blog post on our ‘Cops Club’.
We’ve nurtured an awesome team culture. We always speak up when we have an idea - but also know when to let go and get behind something else.
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things.
We’re building a diverse team from different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. Everyone is given a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva. Even if you secretly don’t love insurance, trust us, you’ll love what we’re building.
And if you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying at Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
About the role
We are looking for an engineering manager with proven experience in scaling engineering teams to join our super talented team of engineers, guiding and aiding their development to enable a high performing scalable team. You will also help drive technical initiatives in partnership with lead/principal engineers and Product managers.
We are searching for someone who has worked in a product - first environment with the ability to work directly with Product Managers and leadership to effectively manage and allocate engineering resources to execute on our product roadmap. Your team of engineers will work across 1-2 product squads so you’ll need to be aware of various initiatives and help identify overlap or collaboration opportunities.
- Line Management of Engineers with a product team(s)
- Performance Management of dedicated team
- Facilitating engineering onboarding process
- Development and Progression of engineers
- Alignment of Engineers and Product Managers
- Technical planning within a product team(s)
- Workforce Planning & Resourcing:
- Liaise with Product Managers and leadership to plan product roadmap - allocating resources and advising on constraints and advising on realistic time-frames.
- Contribute to hiring plans and developing the hiring process
- Take part in the hiring/interview process
- Continually look to improve the way the team operates
- Help develop and implement engineering cultural values
- Contribute to planning engineering strategy, and execution
- Responsible for ensuring a highly engaged and motivated team
To succeed in this role you should have:
- 5+ years experience of managing a team of Engineers
- Proven engineering scaling experience - within a startup environment
- Strong line management skills with the ability to develop a team
- You know what good looks like for a high-performing team of engineers - you will have done this 2 or 3 times
- 5+ years previous experience as an engineer at a senior level
- Empathetic with the ability to build strong, effective relationships
- You should care deeply about helping others achieve their goals, avoid burnout, and become the best engineers they can be
- As well as a competitive salary (circa £95k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Professional development budget
- Health, WFH and wellbeing budget
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays )
- Increases to all allowances year on year
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Brand new MacBook
- A day off to volunteer
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coaches, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health
- Salary sacrifice schemes for electric car lease!
- Hundreds of perks and discounts
- Lifeworks - Mental health tool & assistance program
- Mates rates on your insurance
- Very flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team
- Monthly team socials (we’ve done things like Dabbers bingo, an online wine tasting, and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Office perks
- Office library full of great books
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular team lunches (even when we’re remote!)
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply https://cuvva.pinpointhq.com/jobs/11930
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.