At refurbed we deeply care about the environment and the future of our planet. We are passionate about sustainability and want to make a positive impact. We have made it our purpose to change the world for the better and aspire to make refurbished products the new normal. In achieving our mission, we need people who share our beliefs and who want to be part of this exciting journey. Sounds interesting? Read on!
We are the fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German-speaking region and are based in Vienna. Through our marketplace, completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops and tablets that are up to 40% cheaper and 100% more sustainable are sold to consumers. We founded the company in February 2017 and expanded to Italy, France, and further European countries already. Yes, we also won several awards along the way and we have become one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Europe, but most importantly – we have come so far thanks to our people. Represented by more than 30 different nationalities, our 150+ team members follow a shared goal. Consisting of experts with international experience in the refurbishing industry and working with the latest tech stack, they commit to making a difference on a daily basis.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be part of our team, who we are and how we roll? Visit https://careers.refurbed.com/ to gain more insights.
For our Engineering department, we are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager (m/f/x) with a solid background in designing and implementing Go backend services. In this position, you will support us in improving our e-commerce platform by leading a remote team of software developers.
Together with you and your talent, we want to make consumption sustainable and build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. Join us on our mission! #TalentForFuture
WHO YOU ARE
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development using the Go programming language
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- Experience in leading a team of software engineers
- Experience with working in an agile work environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- You have worked in a team of remote developers before
- You enjoy working with people
- You work independently and are goal-oriented.
- You have excellent English skills
- Formal education in Computer Science or similar
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Ensure a high-quality codebase
- Be responsible for code reviews and merges
- Lead a team consisting of frontend and backend developers
- Hold regular 1-on-1 meetings with your team members and ensure team health
- Work together with product management and other teams
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with *nix systems
- You have experience working with NGINX
- You have experience working with RabbitMQ
- You have experience working on highly-available and fault-tolerant systems
- You are active in the open-source community
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Let’s not waste our talent and use our valuable time to make a difference and help fix our planet. We care about the world – Join us on our mission and be part of our exciting journey!
Our culture and values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
Diversity and Inclusion:
- No matter whom you love, where you’re from, whom you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
- We hire for extra perspective and have around 120 great individuals from 30 nationalities and everyone brings something new to the table – no need to fly around the world, the refurbed family feels like traveling!
Development and Happiness:
- You’ll get a smooth start by joining our 1.5-week long Onboarding Process to learn about our concept and what each department is doing to achieve our mission.
- We are keen on Career Development – So join our trainings, language courses or any other development program that will help you grow personally & professionally and steer your career into the future you are planning.
- With an average of 80% overall company happiness, month after month, you will be part of a company that values its team members and their well-being.
Events and Fun
- We like spending time with each other and we love parties and host four big parties each year (including our very own refurbed Oktoberfest!), monthly Townhall meetings and also support team events with a budget!
- Not a party animal? No problem at all - join one of our awesome refurbed clubs and do yoga, go hiking or play football with fellow team members. In the office we can come together for drinks, cookies, ice cream, a game of table football or darts, whenever we feel like it.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office :)
You want to build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe and change the world by making it easier to sell sustainable products? Then apply now.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.