Our Vision 🌏🏡
To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Mission 💻✨
Building a safe, efficient and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
Your Impact 💥
As a Full Stack Growth Engineer for the Growth team, you are part of a newly founded team that is focused solely on experimenting around new business models across the customer journey. The team is designed to sit outside the regular product development structure of the company in order to speed up the development process. The focus will lay on a minimum viable product to gather learnings around new concepts, to be later implemented in a sustainable way by feature teams.
If you're ready to move fast and get experimental, this may be just for you!
Our Stack 🔧
In the Frontend we are React lovers. We use Redux, CSS-in-JS, TypeScript, NodeJS and all tools related to this stack. Our backend is powered by Go backed with a Postgres database. We’re currently moving our backend to a service-oriented architecture (microservices). Our main infrastructure is in Google Cloud Platform. We've been using React, GraphQL and Golang in production environments since the early days. A few years ago we started using Kubernetes, and nowadays all our new services run in the cluster.
Who you are 👩🏽👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽🎅🏽
- A growth-oriented person: You’re driven by the impact you can make
- You're a champ at collecting a maximum amount of validated learning about customers with the least amount of effort.
- A real team player. You understand your colleagues may have different opinions and you consider them to make our product better. You understand how to challenge ideas, disagree and still commit to team decisions
- An advocate of clean and simple solutions. You always have intention, adaptability and scalability in mind.
- A tech junkie! You are interested in new technologies and you constantly seek to improve personally, whether that is at work or in your spare time.
What you bring to the table ✂️ 📐💡🍕
- You have solid experience with Go in production
- You’re experienced with test automation and you are interested in TDD best practices
- You have experience with online marketplaces, service providers and/or API development
- At least 5 years of experience in web development would be nice to have, but if you are a newbie with a strong motivation to grow we still want to hear from you!
About HousingAnywhere 🏠
HousingAnywhere is the biggest global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation in the world. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that serves both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018, we have been honoured by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
What’s in it for you?
🚀Get ready to make a real impact and hit the ground running with early responsibilities. You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽 Work with a crazy unconventional team! Think 120 people from 30 different nationalities. It’s like being on a round-the-world trip while you’re in the office.
📈 Trainings, workshops, conferences, books. It’s up to you.
📚 Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
🌇 Work in the heart of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you!
👕We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
🍻 Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
✈️Are you coming from abroad? No worries, we’ve got you covered!
Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Relocation/work permit support provided
Email Darya at Darya@housinganywhere.com
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.