Based in Berlin and Chicago, we at Fit Analytics are working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
OUR VISION is a world with zero returns in apparel (and footwear) e-commerce resulting from a truly personalized, worry-free shopping experience.
OUR MISSION is to use the power of machine learning to help fashion shoppers buy with confidence and eliminate the need for returns.
What The Role as Full-stack Software Engineer (m/f/d) Involves
- Leading the design and development of internal applications and systems that help our colleagues deal with our various datasets and data sources
- Having an impact on the effectiveness, correctness, and ease of use of our data assets
- Communicating with internal users and understanding their domain and processes with a keen eye on improvements, supported by the team and its product owner
- Coordinating with various teams in the company that specialize in other parts of the system, for example data ingestion and management of product feed information
- Bringing your knowledge and unique perspective into our team and organization
Your work environment
- Being part of a closely-knit team, with most to all team members currently (because of the pandemic) working fully remote
- The Data Platform team is central to almost everything we do and as such has large impact on the whole company
- The team works in an agile way
- Regular knowledge shares, pairing sessions, etc.
- Communication via video conference (Google Meet) and Slack, with a focus on productivity and low distraction
What We're Looking for in You
- A strongly user-centric mindset when designing systems
- A passion for disciplined and structured software development in a collaborative environment, working with data- and backend engineers, SRE, data specialists, analysts, and other internal users
- Experience in developing and deploying data-centric front- and back-end components, for instance on GKE
- Willingness to pick up new tools and languages, as our tooling ecosystem is heterogenous
- Solid understanding and experience working with datasets in RDBMS and other storage technologies (No/NewSQL, Blob, etc.), for instance PostgreSQL, MySQL, BigTable, BigQuery or Google Cloud Storage
- Spoken and written fluency in English with excellent communication skills
What We Offer You
- Hands-on experience building a product that is revolutionizing e-commerce
- A spot in our smart, creative and highly-motivated international company
- A flexible remote work policy
- Daily lunch in the office plus regular team and company events
How to apply
Please apply on our career page : https://jobs.lever.co/fitanalytics/f6550a49-e4f8-4c09-a5c4-1e96e06e81e2?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Welovegolang
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.