Dear fellow Go enthusiast,
I know you are like us, you can’t WAIT for the future. You believe in Go and you tell everyone about it. You are awed with its ability to do seemingly anything. You LOVE well tested code, and fast static binaries and are excited by deploying services that will be used at scale for world changing applications.
We want to change the world. We want to have an impact. We want... more.
You’re exactly who Kairos is looking for. We have one of the hottest ICO’s of 2018, and now we need your help. You are the very person we need. We are building something special here. In fact, we are swinging for the fences. Our success is about finding amazing people, and setting them free to solve problems. And you are a problem solver.
We're here to support and guide, yet we believe in your ability as a self-starting leader. Sometimes the best folks don’t think they are ready for their next challenge. Do you? Join us on this amazing journey and let's show the world what we can do, together!
Brian Brackeen, CEO & Co-Founder
Teamwork 25%, Communication 20%, Innovation 40%, Learning 15%
The Go API Engineer position at Kairos involves working collaboratively with our product and operations teams to enhance Kairos’ current facial biometrics platforms and design and construct our next generation integrated Human Analytics API platform. In this role, you will help design, build, automate, monitor and secure the applications and systems infrastructure that powers Kairos’ biometrics SaaS platforms. This role covers a wide range of challenges, from developing new APIs and SDKs to building sample apps that demonstrate the power of our facial biometrics platforms.
- Work with our product and design teams to bring new products and enhance existing products and tools.
- Build APIs and SDKs to surprise and delight the developers on our platform.
- Work with our operations teams to perform and automate software releases.
- Own the delivery of the products and projects you are working on.
High level of proficiency in Go as well as skilled in Python and/or PHP
- Ability to write clean and readable code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Self-reliant; able to work independently and accept responsibility for projects.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with a passion for technology.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Experience working with scalable and distributed architectures
- Continuous integration / continuous delivery experience
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL databases like MySQL, Redis, • MongoDB.
- Proficient with Git / Github
- Ability to collaborate on a team
- Understanding of Go build and test toolchain
- Docker / Linux experience deploying Go apps
Nice to Haves:
- gRPC, Echo framework and/or cgo experience
- Aerospike DB experience
- Experience load testing, performance profiling Go code
- Experience deploying to Kubernetes
- Mac and Windows experience
What’s in it for you:
- Great organization with a family atmosphere based in Miami
- Stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401k options
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.