About Raven Black
What turns a minor skirmish into a major war? How does a natural disaster become a humanitarian crisis? Often, its poor decision-making caused by incomplete or inaccurate information that causes miscalculations, missed opportunities, and accidental escalations. That lack of knowledge and the uncertainty it causes is called "the fog of war."
Raven Black's command and control software platform does precisely that by combining scalable data infrastructure, machine learning, and visualization tools. Its purpose is to lift the fog. Raven Black has raised $4.5M from top tier VCs, including Accel, and has generated over $3.9M in revenue.
What You'll Do
Our platform ties together dozens of data sources, any one of which could be the critical piece of the puzzle a decision-maker needs. Your job will be to thread new sources through our platform, from ingestion through parsing, ETL, ML/AI models, and visualization. In the process, you'll learn everything about how the system works and contribute to our core infrastructure development. Each time you succeed, the fog of uncertainty will retreat that much further.
You may be a great fit if you...
- Have at least 2 years of professional software development experience and at least 6 months working in Go
- Enjoy and have experience designing, building, and managing data processing/storage infrastructure
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Enjoy taking projects involving a wide variety of technologies to successful completion
- Write high-quality code and can think in terms of systems and services. We work mostly in Go with some Python, but languages can be learned. We care much more about your general engineering skills than your knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment with stakeholders and subject matter experts from a variety of disciplines