Do you thrive in an open and collaborative development environment?
Would you like to further your experience with modern web and cloud based technologies?
Then this could be the role for you…
In Digital Publishing, we are responsible for the ONS website, its corresponding Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and content management system. We are an independent multidisciplinary team of frontend, backend, and full stack engineers, interaction designers, user researchers, tech leads and product and delivery managers.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of the APIs and data pipelines, including design, development, security, maintenance, platform provisioning and operations.
You will work collaboratively with other team members, sharing knowledge and training opportunities to ensure your skills are relevant, up to date, transferable and in line with industry standards and expectations. Once you are familiar with our technologies and platform stack you may be asked to provide out of hours support.
We work in an inclusive environment and want all members of our team to feel they can contribute ideas to how we approach challenges and design solutions. We value a willingness to accept new ideas and be questioned on our own preconceptions. We use the following technologies right now, but an interest in solving the problems we face is much more important than having experience in the technologies listed.
• Kafka / AWS MSK
• MongoDB / DocumentDB
• AWS Neptune (using Gremlin)
• Concourse CI
• Hashicorp stack (Nomad, Consul, Vault)
This role is part of the cross-government Digital, Data & Technology (DDaT) profession framework. As a role within DDaT at the ONS, we also offer benefits such as:
• Protected Learning Time to spend on your personal development and side-projects.
• A supportive and active Community of Practice which you will be expected to contribute to, helping ensure you and your colleagues get the training, development and opportunities you need to progress your careers.
• The opportunity to be part of our annual progression panels, giving yearly promotion opportunities.
• You will be provided state of the art development machine MacBook Pro
How to apply
Please apply using the following link - https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1793842
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.