Love driving a car but can’t get over the absurdity of car ownership in an urban environment? Become a member of a young team in Barcelona dedicated to transforming mobility in different ways. With the help of their innovative app, users can book cars scattered around the city and use them as long as they want. If you believe that mobility should be fluid, shared, and connected, and you’re passionate about pursuing a career in Golang, this is your chance to do something about it.
What your friends think you do:
Hang out in the amazing Barcelona office and dream of a world where people no longer buy cars.
What you actually do:
- Learn how to speak Golang
- Design, estimate, and code new features both in PHP and Golang
- Architect new applications and expand existing ones
- Perform code reviews and mentor young padawans
- Participate in software design discussions and project management meetings
- Ensure all code is of top quality and existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand
- Identify gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring
Great if you:
- Are genuinely interested in learning to work with Golang
- Have experience with PHP obviously. What is also important is Linux and Nginx. On the Database side we need MySQL / MariaDB.
- Can boast of having 5+ years of experience in recent production quality PHP product development
- PHP frameworks are a big deal too. (Laravel is particularly great but Zend and Symphony are good too.
- We like our API's RESTful. We're also into Complex SQL queries and database schema design
Even better if you:
- Believe that there are lots of different ways to do things (not always by the book), and are open to feedback and trying out new methods
- Have experience working in an Agile environment (Spotify method)
- Have code online (GitHub with real examples)
- Know what it’s like to work in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git
What’s in it for you:
- Be a part of the mobility revolution and have an impact on the lives of millions of users
- Manage your own time with flexible working hours
- Move to Barcelona, a city you just can’t get enough of!
- Get help with relocation
How to apply
If you're interested, get in touch with me at email@example.com For now, the position is open to EU candidates only