At Umee, we are building the next generation of defi products. As a cross chain defi hub, we are creating the base layer primitives upon which the future of defi will be built upon. By implementing DeFi tools on Ethereum, Cosmos, and other base layer and layer 2 infrastructures, we intend to drive mass adoption of blockchain protocols. We’re passionate, self-driven, industry leaders who wish to bring a new perspective to how DeFi will revolutionize the future of fintech. We believe that the technology we are building will change the way humans interact with open finance ecosystems, and we are passionate about open sourcing the broader capital markets and creating more financial inclusion. Join our team as we further our mission of bringing defi to you and me.
How we work:
We are a remote first organization with members across North America, Europe, and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is important to us and we rely heavily on Discord, Zoom, Google Meets and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is open source. This is a full-time remote position and you’re free to work from anywhere.
About the position:
Umee is seeking a talented Software Developer who is experienced in developing high performance code via GoLang. You will be working alongside our talented developer team to build a cross chain defi application with high coding standards and technical design.
The right candidate has 3+ years in the blockchain space, and is proficient in software development as well as having strong technical skills in assessing the blockchain industry as a whole. Candidates would benefit strongly from having a deep fundamental software development knowledge base
We’re looking for a passionate and well-rounded individual who fundamentally understands the philosophy of decentralized networks and has great technical and communications skills. Your work will be hugely impactful, as you will be working within a team that acts as the driver for innovation in the cross chain defi space.
What you will be doing:
- Building blockchain applications in Golang.
- Measure system performance, check metrics and logs
- Cover code by unit tests and run integration tests
- Strong experience in Golang will be critical.
- Debug, profile and search for bottlenecks
- Collaborate on the design of data models, technical architecture, data flows, schemas and API contracts
- Develop and improve scalable backend systems
- Excellent understanding of containers, deployment systems, and container management platforms, preferably Kubernetes.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Understand the infrastructure monitoring agent and agent-less architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of software design paradigms in large-scale environments, distributed systems.
- Understand Unix system internals, client/server protocols, and data storage systems in a cloud environment.
- Conducting technical due diligence and understanding dynamics/tradeoffs between different blockchain protocols
- Work closely with the leadership team on the product direction
We're looking for someone who has:
- Strong engineering fundamentals
- 3+ years of Golang
- Strong experience with software delivery and taking a set of requirements towards full implementation with minimal guidance
- Ability to multitask between several ongoing, big projects
- Experience with RESTful programming conventions
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL
- Depth of knowledge and implementation experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively, with the team and internal/external organizations.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles
- Hands-on experience in microservices architecture and development, Databases such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Strong experience in one of following languages (Java, GO, C/C++) and ability to learn new languages
- Experience in ServiceMesh, Containers and Kubernetes technologies
- Hands-on experience in building cloud-based software leveraging cloud and open source technology and frameworks
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Experience in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and can implement them using language of choice
- Deep understanding and experience in one of the public clouds (AWS, Azure) native services
- Experience in agile software development
- High attention to details with excellent organizational skills and ability to take charge, set objectives, drive to results; team-oriented
Nice to have:
- Passion about what decentralization technology can offer to humanity
- Insatiable curiosity of the industry; self-motivated to pursue researching every new idea that floats across the industry
- Ability to explain abstract technical concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Any API interaction
- Containers and orchestration; Docker, Gitlab CI, Kubernetes
- CI/CD environments
What we offer:
Apply for the opportunity to be part of building the future of the internet. We offer a flexible work schedule, remote opportunities in addition to the following for full-time employees: at least 3 weeks of paid vacation and competitive salary and benefits package, including equity/token allocation.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume with a link to your github account.
Umee in the news:
How to apply
Please send your resume and github profile to email@example.com or reach out via twitter: @umee_crosschain
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.