What You Will Do
- Spread awareness of Stream by building community, driving discussions, and providing guidance to developers.
- Work with the SDK, product, and API teams on a daily basis to improve the overall developer experience.
- Relay feedback to the team and help influence the product roadmap based on community feedback.
- Write, release, document, and manage open-source projects and demo apps built on Stream products.
Who You Are
- A lifelong learner who is always looking for the next challenge.
- Self-motivated, driven, and can solve problems autonomously.
- Focused on solving problems in the best way possible.
- A detail-oriented individual whose effort shows the high-quality output.
- An excellent communicator who enjoys teaching others through different modes of communication (e.g. writing, video).
Ideally, you have
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a software engineer or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 1-2 years of technical consulting or in a community engagement capacity.
- An expert-level understanding of Go in a production-level environment.
- Experience working with and building third-party developer tools (e.g. APIs, SDKs).
- A transparent history of GitHub commits and contributions to open-source projects.
- Participated in online and offline developer communities and ecosystems such as open-source platforms, blogs, YouTube video series, tech conferences, hackathons, meet-ups, technical teaching, and training.
- Worked with AWS and other cloud providers.
- A strong understanding of SQL or NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Experience working as a Developer Advocate.
- Strong social presence.
- Examples of written content (e.g., Medium, Dev.to, personal blog, other).
- Proficiency in other backend languages (e.g. Node, Python, Scala, other).
What’s In It For You
- Company equity
- 3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 401k contribution plan
- 100% paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office
- A smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks (onsite only)
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
- Company equity
- 24 days paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- A generous relocation package
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered (or the option to use a company bike within the city)
- Gym membership of choice covered
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks (onsite only)
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
Salary (for US only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including the candidate's skills, level of experience, and location. The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $140,000.
How to apply
Please send a brief intro, GitHub, LinkedIn, and socials to firstname.lastname@example.org (full job description at https://getstream.io/careers/job/developer-advocate-go).
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.