Third Light is seeking a Go Developer, either a seasoned Gopher or capable back end developer looking to cross-train to Go, to help deliver sophisticated new product features for release to our Digital Asset Management product – features that will have immediate positive impact for our global user base.
You may either work at Third Light's comfortable offices, or join the team remotely, with arrangements to come in at convenient times.
We're a small, but expanding, software development team building an enterprise-level software application with a highly-polished UI using state-of-the art techniques. We employ an iterative, design-led process where everyone on the team gets a say. We are agile and manage our work using a gentle scrum process and encourage a lightweight, productive approach to development.
We embrace open source and contribute back along the way. We encourage personal projects and hold regular informal 'conference days' to share experience and knowledge.
Now is a great time to join us with lots of new code to write; your opinion and expertise will be valued from day one.
- Design and build workflow and automation microservices to add capabilities to the product
- Extend image classifier daemon with cutting edge recognition tech, to allow searching for individuals or objects
- Migrate file metadata handling to a new Go microservice, improving speed and responsiveness for the end user
- Automate orchestration of microservices in our product e.g. exploring Kubernetes
- < your idea here! >
We're looking for
- A demonstrable interest in Go - e.g. substantive online learning / courses / tutorials, hobby projects, open source contributions or production experience
- Proven back end coding skills, in a Linux environment
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining web services, ideally microservices
- Experience with relational databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Someone who may be considering Mid-level, work from home, Back-End Developer jobs such as: Go Developer | Go Microservices Developer | Back End Developer | Software Engineer | Linux Developer etc.
You may bring - or like to gain - skills in any of the following
- Containers, containers as services and automated container deployment
- Large-scale storage, manipulation and streaming of multimedia
- Machine intelligence, visual recognition or similar numerical computation
- Production experience in systems configuration, monitoring, logging, and metrics gathering
Our current technology mix
Salary and benefits
- £35,000 - £50,000+ negotiable
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + public holidays | flexible hours | bicycle and free car parking| on site cafe | good coffee and tea | fresh fruit | choice of high end workstation | an adorable Beagle to brighten the office
techfolk ltd is working on behalf of Third Light, who has selected techfolk as their recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed.
Third Light is a small, fast-expanding software company based just outside Cambridge. We create products that simplify the organisation and management of digital media files. Our products are used by hundreds of organisations such as the United Nations and Oxford University, brands that include NASCAR, NATO, and Virgin, and not-for-profits such as the Scouts and Guide Dogs. We employ integrity and intelligent thinking to provide well-designed, easy-to-use products and always strive to provide a high quality of customer service.
Located: just outside Cambridge, UK; on the bus route, and commutable from Cambridge city centre, Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Huntingdon, Newmarket, Peterborough, Saffron Walden, St. Neots etc.
Remote working: you will work at our office for the first three to four weeks for onboarding. If practical, we would prefer you to attend sprint show and tell meetings in person or come to the office quarterly. We will cover reasonable travel expenses and accommodation costs. We will also cover reasonable costs incurred from running your home office.
PLEASE NOTE: applicants must be eligible for employment in the UK, Third Light cannot offer work permit sponsorship or transfer
How to apply
You can apply emailing Vittoria on email@example.com or go to http://www.techfolk.co.uk/current-jobs/back-end-developer-cambridge-tl239