Sixt is one of the biggest technology-driven mobility companies in the world. We will add a number of attractive services to our mobility portfolio in the near future. Our SIXT App is the central interface for our services: It allows customers to plan their journeys, open and close cars via telematics, review their usage data and much more. It is built on a state-of-the-art infrastructure: Cloud-native, microservices-based, event-driven – you name it. We are looking for an experienced Go developer (m/f/d) to drive extending and partly refactoring and rebuilding existing services and adding new ones to allow seamless integration. Scalability, very high availability and low operational cost are the key requirements. Defining slim, yet powerful interfaces and maturing them with our partners will be an important part of the work. We are engineering the future of mobility! Sixt stands for success, agility, ownership and an intercultural team. Apply now and join our journey and become a part of the Sixt family.
Do what you love:
- You will be responsible for designing, building and evolving customer-facing distributed systems for our platform on the cloud.
- You will work on event-driven systems and keep yourself up to date with the latest technologies to help you create scalable and resilient software.
- You will work in a diverse, international team using agile methodologies, constantly striving to improve team collaboration and processes.
- You will participate in on-call rotations and be available for escalations ensuring that our team's critical services are always up.
- You will collaborate effectively with teammates, technical and business partners, internally and externally.
Come as you are:
- You have experience in a technology environment, building cloud-native applications, solving scalability challenges, designing event-driven solutions - ideally in a dynamic startup setting?
- You have at least 3 years development experience in Go, building distributed applications?
- You have already designed distributed systems, worked on microservices architectures and developed large-scale interfaces used by many partners?
- You are passionate about constantly learning new skills and improving yourself; you also bring a coaching mentality and share your knowledge with the team?
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with developers as well as business stakeholders, with college graduates as well as board members and external partners as well?
In addition to the obligatory table football, driving simulators and ping-pong table, we have two dedicated Feel Good Managers who focus on the wellbeing of our Sixt Tech colleagues. Amongst other things they will support you with your relocation, finding accommodation, visa issues and help you to organize team events, Meetups and Townhalls. Our offices have different sizes, you will definitely find something according to your preferences. We follow no dress code. Fun at work and beyond: As a member of the Sixt Family you get attractive car rental and leasing offers as well as access to our large employee benefit portal where you find multitudes of offers for travelling, shopping and more. During breakfast, lunch and dinner our high-quality restaurant offers a daily changing menu. Meat, fish and vegetarian dishes are available, as well as a salad bar and freshly-baked pizza. Our coffee lounge for meeting and relaxing is opened the whole day. Come as you are, and do what you love: Join our 320 IT colleagues and apply now (English or German preferred)!