Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots; from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. The team’s mission is to pioneer scalable, collaborative, and flexible robotics solutions.
In this role, the Software Engineer III will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, testing, and enhancing robotics software
- Leading design efforts for major software components and their integration into the principal architecture
- Actively participate in enhancing the design of existing software components to improve their functionality and performance.
- Contributing to core team processes and to company-wide efforts
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in engineering processes and make relevant recommendations
- Maintaining a high-level of communication with cross-functional teams and partners
- Understanding customer requirements and translating them to software requirements
- Acting as a team lead to manage people, project priorities, and technical resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience with an outstanding track record
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Golang or Python
- Expertise in Golang or Python and at least one of C++, Java,
- Experience with designing and implementing backend web servers
- Experience with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, and Spring Boot
- Experience with web technologies and protocols (HTTP, WS, etc)
- Deep understanding of database technologies: RDBMS and NoSQL
- Experience in designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Exposure to DevOps, TDD, and CI/CD practices
- Deep knowledge and understanding of algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with cloud technologies and platforms
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Fundamental understanding and experience with one or more Agile methodologies
- Experience with warehouse automation systems, inventory management systems, order processing systems, and warehouse management systems
- Experience handling back-end data aggregation pipelines
- Familiarity with ROS or other robotics middleware
- Competitive salary,
- International working environment
- State-of-the-art technology
- Working with exceptionally talented engineers.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.