We are looking for a Go engineer to join our core backend API team in London.
You will be the sort of person that has worked at several companies before but wants to join an innovative culture implementing bleeding edge technology at a global scale.
Likely having cut your teeth on other languages, you will have commercial experience using Go for general systems programming and microservice architectures.
What skills you’ll bring
- Expertise in Go and proficiency in other languages (Preferably C/C++,NodeJs, Python).
- Commercial experience with REST, RPC and message exchange protocols.
- Experience with frameworks such as:
- Gin, Gorilla, Dep, Ginkgo
- You actively contribute to open source Go communities.
- Working knowledge in Kubernetes, Rancher or Docker swarm.
- Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
- Knowledge around message queuing and distributed tasking (SMS,ZeroQ, RabbitMQ etc)
What responsibilities you'll have
- Ability to perform complex work that is a dependent requirement of feature teams to deliver.
- Mindfulness of scaling architecture to meet global demand.
- Enthusiasm around Go and a keen desire to evangelise the language and principles behind it.
- A sense of ownership across platforms and environments.
- Ownership. Everyone gets stock options.
- Learning. Dedicated learning time every week, with budgets for resources, books and conferences
- Wellness. Gym discounts, coffee and whatever you need to keep you at your best
- [Insert other generic startup perks]. Yes we have those... but what's more important are the three points above. A team that gets shit done, and has more fun doing it. More than any ping pong tournament (although we do get competitive at that too)