We are looking for a passionate and sharp Backend Developer to be a part of one of our cross-functional product development teams to help us shape the future of the time tracking industry. and deliver real value to our customers with both new and improved features.
The salary for this position is €63,000 annually.
You can work from anywhere in the world.
About the Team
We are a global team of 100+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally - in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
As a Backend Developer, you will be taking ownership of one or more domains of our product and will work closely with other Backend and Frontend developers using cutting-edge open source frameworks to highly-available RESTful services and back-end systems.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- developing and maintaining some of our backend services including reports, payments, and operations tools that manage our product and logistics worldwide.
- working with PMs and designers day to day on several projects, from customer-facing web and mobile applications.
- resolving most technical issues in autonomy and designing well-organized code.
- completing small to medium features independently.
- driving assigned requests to improve the codebase, such as migrating it to modern frameworks and adding missing tests.
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about technology and you are willing to learn to program in Go.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Strong backend engineering experience;
- Knowledge of technologies like Ruby, PostgreSQL, REST, JSON and Google Cloud Infrastructure
- Passion for cross-discipline collaboration and problem-solving
- Eagerness to learn new skills, and take ownership of your work.
- Knowledge of codebase
- Bonus points for:
- Having full-stack experience;
- Having Go experience;
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source;
- Freedom to choose where you work (must overlap with your target market)
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered) when it’s safe to travel again
- Laptop and a €2,000 budget to set up your home office
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- Opportunities to attend trainings, workshops, and conferences
- Monthly reimbursement for gym membership, massage, and other wellness services
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.