Shape the future of Web3
Decentralized applications are a fast-growing market expected to reach $368B+ by 2027 and Source is pioneering the foundational technologies to help it get there and go beyond. Source is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps people use every day. We are building the future of data management and are the first database provider to receive backing from Dwight Merriman the founder of MongoDB, the predominant cloud database and a global roster of Web3 investors. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About the Role
Our database, DefraDB, empowers developers to build edge and decentralized projects to scale fast, survive anything, and thrive everywhere while ensuring their users’ data privacy. We are looking for backend software engineers who are excited about growing an open-source NoSQL database to join our database teams. Working closely with our CTO and co-founders, you will be part of a collaborative culture striving to make user-centric data interoperable across Web3.
You'll be working on
- Contribute to the growth of the open-source database, DefraDB. You bring your expertise and commitment to excellence to help build a database that makes data easy for everyone.
- Improve the performance of DefraDB.
- Ensure that DefraDB remains scalable, survivable, and consistent as we continue to grow as a company.
You're most likely to succeed in this role if you
- A passion for working on complex technical products and have exposure to topics such as distributed/decentralized systems, concurrency control, data replication, file systems, or NoSQL processing.
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software in Go
- Have deep knowledge of the Go ecosystem, especially with regard to database applications
- Are fascinated by issues arising due to concurrency and parallelism
- Have participated in Open Source software development and/or communities
- Can make pragmatic design tradeoffs, balancing features, maintainability, and delivery time
- An understanding of system design.
- Experience building collaborative relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
Success in this role means
In the first month, you will join your engineering team and start to learn about our production systems, software development workflow, and the architecture of DefraDB and complementary technologies. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology, company, and our culture.
As our team grows you will have the opportunity to not only shape the direction of development for DefraDB but work alongside the founders to shape the future of the project and Source ecosystem as a whole. We want our users to have a phenomenal experience using our product and you play a crucial role in making DefraDB a joy to use. We also offer technical training and experienced mentorship to help you learn and grow into whatever you wish it to be.
What we offer
Work with a great team-building the future of Web3
Keep company with leaders in Web3
Flexible work arrangement
Flexible work hours
Unlimited days off
Great healthcare benefits
Technology spending budget
Competitive compensation, including equity
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.