INTERSOG is looking for a Backend/Systems Go (Golang) Developer to join our team to help our client build their data movement, management and cost calculation tool that is designed for the Media & Entertainment market. This application supports the handling and cost modeling of data on both on-prem (SMB& NFS) and in the cloud (S3) storage.
This individual will work with the development team using agile mythologies to help build out the application's core services. The Go services in the application will focus on high-speed data transfer and validation, job evaluation and processing and sending notifications to 3 rd party API’s. We enforce writing unit and integration (when necessary) tests as part of our CI process; therefore, the developer needs to be proficient in and is expected to write unit tests.
We run sprints and work is assigned based on user stories. While the user stories describe the user experience, it will be up to the developer to create sub-tasks that describe what technically needs to be done to implement the functionality described in the story. Initially, our developers will clearly write out the requirements, but it will be expected over time for the developer to be able to create and manage these sub-tasks on their own.
- 5+ years of software development in Go (Golang).
- Experience writing unit tests in Go.
- Experience with git and the git life cycle for software development.
- Experience interfacing with SQL.
- Experience with S3 or cloud object storage API’s.
- Understanding of microservices architecture and how to establish context boundaries within software applications.
- Experience with Docker and running code in a Linux container.
- Experience with network file systems (SMB & NFS).
- Experience writing REST-based web services in Go.
- Experience using Jira.
- Experience with node.js (nice to have).
- Good communication skills in the English language.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Experience: Golang: 5 years (Preferred)
Location: Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.