We at UserVoice build tools to help web and mobile apps support, listen to, and understand their users. We’re builders for builders. Our mission is to power customer insight for the next generation of software: to make running a virtual business as much like running a coffee shop as possible.
We have over 160K UserVoice sites online, with over 1 billion impressions of our widgets every month. Most importantly our growth has never been stronger: we just closed our largest deal ever and won a prestigious award for being “what’s next” in CRM.
We are looking for a Go engineer. We’re writing our next-gen API in Go, as well as starting to use it to process data and automate our infrastructure. That being said, a significant portion of our codebase is still in Ruby, so reading and writing Ruby is also going to be required.
This position is available in our offices in San Francisco or Raleigh, NC. We are open to relocating you to either of those locations.
- Ship code. Develop new features and maintain existing features.
- Write tests for your code.
- Collaborate with a high-caliber team.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of startup experience. Less is okay if you’re really good.
- Ideally you’ve written some projects in Go before, either for open source or professionally.
- Experience working with SQL databases (we use MySQL).
- Ruby experience is definitely a plus, as much of our code is Ruby.
- Lots of autonomy and creative control
- Work on software that’s actually important and improving the world. We’re solving real problems and our software is seen by millions.
- Competitive Salary, generous stock options, 401k, and solid health and dental benefits.
How to apply
Want to join our team? Awesome! All you need to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you think you’d be a good fit. Include a resume and a link to your github profile.
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.