At Network Next, our mission is to make the Internet better for games. We’re building a Real-Time CDN that improves the experience for players by steering game traffic across faster and more reliable networks.
Our platform runs on the Google Cloud Platform and uses services such as Golang, Google Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Pub/Sub, and Cloud Dataflow to scale to tens of millions of sessions.
What you will do:
- Build features and improvements on our golang microservices.
- Work with tools and platforms such as Kubernetes & Google Cloud.
- Collaborate with customers to build the best solution for their game.
- Report directly to the CEO.
You’ll join a diverse team with experience from a wide range of backgrounds, who care deeply about work-life balance and delivering value to our customers.
Flexible working hours—most people work in the office from 10AM–5PM, and every Friday we all work from home.
Unlimited PTO—and we mean it. If you feel like taking time away from work, you’re encouraged to do so.
Compensation: $100k–$150k USD, with 0.1% equity.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with 5% matching.
Things we look for:
- 5+ years of experience working in Go.
- 5+ years of experience working with Linux.
- You've built and deployed applications at scale, and understand the reliability challenges facing large-scale deployments.
- Bonus: You’ve written networking protocols before, or have experience implementing game networking.
- Bonus: Experience with any of the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform, gRPC, Cloud Datastore, Bigtable, Kubernetes.
- Bonus: Development experience with game consoles, including Sony Playstation, Microsoft XBox One or the Nintendo Switch.
- Bonus: Experience with good DevOps practices and tooling such as Jenkins.
- Bonus: Experience with low-level Linux networking in C/C++.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.