Who We Are
Since 2001, CampMinder has been creating fast, intuitive, web-based systems to streamline summer camp business operations. The company works with the industry’s leading camps, throughout the United States and beyond. Based in Boulder, CO, CampMinder cultivates a core values-led culture and is driven by its purpose to “elevate people through unforgettable experiences.” In 2017, CampMinder was recognized as one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in America. Learn more by visiting www.campminder.com.
We are a highly collaborative and transparent organization, with a culture rooted in our core values. Product and Engineering team members work closely together and Engineers pair program over 90% of the time. We value brainstorming and solving problems as teams, rather than individually. We don’t always agree on everything, but we resolve our differences respectfully.
We break our work down in small portions and fully embrace Agile methodologies, including SAFe practices.
We are currently designing a new architecture based on Go microservices, to work in tandem with our legacy, web-based system (built in .NET/C#/JS), and with new frontend and mobile functionality in React and React Native.
It's a really exciting time to be a part of CampMinder's Engineering team, as we embark on the challenge of maintaining our existing system while implementing new technologies, functionality, and products.
Given that we are new to Go, initially your role will be heavily focused on helping us build out the first microservices. You will be working on a team that is building brand new frontend functionality in React/React Native with a Go back-end. In this role, we also expect you to serve as a mentor and resource to other team members to help them improve their Go skills.
We expect all of our Engineers to work on new technologies and help maintain our legacy system. That way, everyone grows and no one gets stuck.
Who You Are
We are looking for people who are great at lots of things, love big challenges, and are committed to continuous improvement.
You could be a great fit for our team if you are:
- Willing to step outside of your Engineering comfort zone
- Willing to work as part of a team, but can also work independently
- Passionate about and good at solving complex problems
- Willing to challenge the status quo, constantly looking for ways to improve things
- Opinionated but consider others’ opinions thoughtfully
- Always asking what is best for the team, the company, and the customers
- Confident but humble
- Emotionally intelligent
- Not tied to a professional identity as a “[some technology] developer”. Rather, you identify as a Software Engineer or a Technologist. You are not married to a particular stack or platform, and you can learn and will use the right tool for each job.
You should have demonstrated experience with:
- Software engineering experience (3-8 years)
- Strong Go skills (1-3 years)
- Web application development
- Automated Unit Testing
- C# or willingness to learn
- SQL and/or Data Stores
The following kinds of experience are a big plus, but not required:
- Microservices, especially migrating from a monolith
- Messaging / Async communication
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Full-stack development
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration
- Pair programming
- Agile Methodologies
If this sounds like a fit, we look forward to hearing from you!
How to apply
Please apply directly at https://boards.greenhouse.io/campminder/jobs/1410918#app