The Company & Position
Now boasting industry awards for their game-changing environmentally sustainable products, a 'tech for good' company are looking to hire an experienced Go Developer to lead their existing engineering team. They're heavily involved in the internet of things, so it may be a chance to do something brand new.
As a Lead Go Developer, you'll head up a small team of software engineers, working closely with the CTO on matters like software architecture, tech strategy & software leadership. Ultimately, the role is a chance to solve interesting problems with software whilst contributing to environmental sustainability!
Why Do People Typically Join?
- The founders are extremely involved - they are constantly welcoming & implementing brand new ideas that come from their engineering team.
- The chance to work for a company that hold environmental sustainability at the heart of everything they do.
- They have nurtured an environment where people seem to want to socialise both inside & outside of work - there's no 'forced fun'.
Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years' of proven software engineering experience using multiple languages.
- Existing experience of mentoring junior & mid-level developers.
- Experience of working with Go, or simply an interest in working commercially within the Golang ecosystem.
- Strong API design experience is a must.
- A flair for building software architecture.
- An ability to take an idea & autonomously conceptualize it & then build it.
- Some exposure to CI / CD practices.
- A desire to make software robust, stable & scalable.
- They need someone who brings a good body of knowledge about software best practices & who is comfortable recommending new processes & tools that fit the task at hand.
- The business have so far found great success in hiring those with a tendency to tackle new challenges with both a positive & curious approach.
How to apply
If you're a sociable, environmentally-conscientious technologist with a desire to work as a Technical Lead in Go, please send an email to email@example.com