Posted Dec 8, 2017
engageSPARK PHCebu City, Cebu, Philippines - potentially remote
We’re a startup. You will wear many hats. Here are some:
- Code. Both new features and updates of existing functionality.
- Be part of the dev process: Understand the requirements by talking to Avner, our COO. Discuss your design with your colleagues. Get your PR reviewed. (We review every PR.) Work with QA to make sure your stuff works.
- Improve the dev process: Initiate and moderate discussions to make the reviews more effective, the deployments faster, the time-to-production shorter.
- Maintain our production system. We don’t need mere coders: We’ve a product to run! And we believe that we build things in a more useful way, if we’re the ones deploying and running them, too. (The DevOps philosophy.)
- You’ll improve things! Our product, the tools and processes, your colleagues and you: All of these need to get better. And we expect you to spend time on that. In particular, we expect you to help your fellow coders grow, with reviews, PP and feedback talks.
- Teach others what you learn, grow the tech community and grow yourself by doing it.
Here’s what we expect:
- 5 years’ experience developing backend applications, 2y in Golang. Don’t stick to the numbers—but you should have serious experience.
- Experience with databases, both NoSQL (e.g. Mongo, Redis, CouchDB), and RDBMS (e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Experience with VCS, ideally Git
- Exposure to Docker or other container technologies
- Fundamentals in networking (ports, subnet masks, TCP, SSL, SSH tunneling, iptables should be familiar terms to you)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Salary & Benefits
We offer attractive compensation and benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Daytime shift with flexible work hours
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Complete Government Benefits
- Regular fun team outings
- Write code to change the world
How to apply
Send a meaningful Hello to Jobs@engageSPARK.com