- Actively participate and, in some cases, lead on application and database design, data flows and detailed technical design. Ensure that analysis includes the wider view of technical and business impact.
- Take responsibility for code quality, security and scalability and have an equal grasp of the overall system you are working on and how it meets the needs of the end users.
- Balance the commercial needs of the business against the ideal technical design, proposing sound phased or tactical implementations where appropriate.
- Understand the importance of non-functional such as real-time monitoring, good alert design and great logging strategies. Ensuring systems perform well to deliver the best user experience possible is
- something you consider as part of the normal delivery process.
- Proactively support and mentor other team members, working with them to help them improve their skills.
- Support the implementation of continuous integration to enhance deployment processes.
- Liaise with other teams across the business to communicate and coordinate.