We are the DEUS initiative, and we are all about exploring technology in the service of humanity. No, we are not calling ourselves gods(!), but our name is a reference to ‘deus ex machina’ (god from the machine in latin). We believe that artificial intelligence technologies such as machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing will have a massive impact on the way we live, and we want to make sure that we create a positive impact on the world with these services and their foundational platforms and interfaces.
As a happy coincidence, DEUS is also an acronym representing the 4 key disciplines we believe are important to building successful intelligent services: Data / Engineering / User-experience design / Strategy.
DEUS is a new initiative, but the founders have been working together for years so there is a family feel to the company. We have a beautiful office right in the historical central canals of Amsterdam, and we are in the process of establishing our Iberian bases in Porto and Galicia.
- you are proficient in building API’s using GoLang
- you have a thorough understanding of containers and functions. Deployment experience with Kubernetes (K8s) or Functions is highly desirable.
- you have experience deploying production applications (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, Heroku…)
- you know modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques
- you love to write clean structured code
- you enjoy learning about new technologies
- you know how to design an efficient software architecture and implement it
- you automate the mundane tasks so more time can be spent on the fun stuff
- you like working in a team, sharing knowledge, mentoring the juniors
- Work closely with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate and seek feedback
- Setup and improve CICD pipeline
- Implement monitoring, logging and alerting
- Work with the business to gather requirements and specifications
- Squeeze every last drop of performance out of your backend and websites through benchmarking and optimisation
- Use infrastructure tools such as k8s, terraform, docker, helm charts
- Excellent written and verbal English is the only core requirement, but Dutch and any other languages are always a bonus
- We will provide top hardware [macbook pro etc] and the latest software – we use the right tools for the job.
- Note: If you don’t feel that you perfectly fit the description above, but you have some other background or skillset that you think could be of interest, please still get in touch!
We are dedicated to making a friendly and inclusive workplace. To put it bluntly, there is an unwritten ‘no assholes’ policy that applies to both ourselves and our clients, as we always want to enjoy our team dynamic. In ‘normal’ times, we do trips, conferences and events together on a regular basis, and we are always committed to cultivating a company that celebrates differences. This has obviously been challenging over the last year but we have embraced the change and found ways to keep the team culture strong. We fundamentally believe in flexibility, and you will be given a lot of freedom while translating complicated problems into easy-to-use products. This means managing your own priorities, trying out new things and working a flexible hours’ scheme.
How to apply
Find your job and apply for it: https://talent.deus.ai/jobs
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.