Ecochain is growing! We are a young and purpose-driven scale-up company and with our innovative, scalable, and modern tech platform we enable our customers to reduce their environmental impact.
For our mission, we are looking for forward-thinking engineers to join our fast-growing tech team to extend our platform's functionality and usability. You will be working in an agile environment where the tech team builds, deploys, monitors, and supports the platform.
The Golang DevOps Engineer Role:
- The GoLang engineer's role is to build optimized, scalable, and modular software using the required technologies. You are tasked with developing and coding back-end components and connecting applications to other (web) services.
- As a DevOps engineer, your role also includes enhancing, creating, and maintaining the Infrastructure as Code in a clear and understandable way.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Analyzing and implementing best coding practices into the project code.
- Analyzing technical requirements of the project and adapting the code in line with them.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Working with software developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and technology developments.
Your knowledge, skills & competencies
- At least 3 years of experience as a developer including several years working with Go.
- 2 or more years of professional experience with systems administration or DevOps.
- Strong working knowledge of AWS, Terraform, and Docker.
- Working knowledge of (part of) our Tech Stack: GraphQL, Go, React, Redis, MongoDB, Neo4j, Grafana, SQS, ElasticSearch.
- A technical vision and a passion for creating innovative solutions and improving your work environment.
- Great attention to detail and good knowledge of shipping high-quality code (clean code, TDD, DDD, SOLID).
- Good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills with openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe and inclusive workplace.
- Curiosity, proactivity, team spirit, and passion.
- The cherry on the cake (but not mandatory): you are familiar with DDD, Event sourcing, high-performance applications, and software architecture.
Further on you must be able to read, write, and speak English FLUENTLY as we have people from many different countries working at Ecochain and our default communication language is English.
What we offer
- Making an impact as you will work on helping to solve the biggest problem of humankind: climate change!
- A daily challenge making very complex stuff easy to use as this is not a straightforward journey!
- Enjoy the ride of the scale-up phase we’re in and evolve your skills and grow along with the company
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers. Amsterdam is a great city but we understand that not everyone lives nearby
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way around — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A 2-day quarterly team retreat to update & upgrade yourself and have some quality time with your team members in a beautiful place
- Of course an attractive salary and also the hardware of choice to work with
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.