What is this?
As a Software Engineer on Drip’s brand new email deliverability team you’ll be part of a group focussed on high scale email deliverability. This is an exciting new challenge to solve and you’ll get to do awesome things like use data science to improve deliverability, develop microservices that shape our approach, and keep use new tech to keep us nimble! Most importantly, you will be working arm in arm with a passionate group of people, in your team and across the organization, that strive to deliver a reliable and revolutionary platform for the ecommerce world. You’ll do things like:
- Design systems for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability - flex your muscle a bit and break the mold!
- Build advanced features into our backend - things like email tracking and sequences in our microservices
- Adventure and architect next-gen systems - This isn’t business as usual!
- Watching what you’ve made help your teammates create awesome value for our clients. That's what this is all about!
The role is based in the Salt Lake City area. We will offer relocation to Utah, which is home to world class skiing, mountain biking and climbing.
Who are you?
We love technology; new technology! Be a self-starter and someone who loves tech as much as us and you’re already winning. Do you have experience building either complex SaaS applications or B2C sites? #TakeOurMoney! Do you also have experience architecting scalable apps and microservices? Are you creative rather than just someone who takes orders? Why aren’t we already talking!?
Our dream pick has:
- 2+ years’ experience in developing - either SaaS or B2C systems
- A fresh mind. Experience with modern technologies for building microservices - like Go!
- Knows their way around relational or other database technologies (we’ll love you even more if you know PostgreSQL)
- Comfortable on a close Agile team
- Maybe you have some experience working on email deliverability? That would be pretty rad.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science (isn’t required, but is extra points!)
Cool, but why join Drip?
Short answer: Because business as usual sucks!
Okay, okay - look, what does it mean to be a developer? It means you develop new things! This person will help us dominate this new ecommerce category as an ECRM platform by making and doing things nobody has done before. Drip is a place where you can actually develop, rather than just follow instructions.
We think that working for a successful startup is a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Sure, you’ll work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment! Bring your best self to the table and we’ll do the same.
- SUPER competitive pay, equity, and benefits with up to 100% company-paid premiums
- Actual work/life balance with unlimited vacation
- 401k company match
- A flexible schedule
- All the snacks you could want! Need a La Croix pick-me-up or some goodies to grub on? We’ve got you covered! (Maybe you need a beer instead, we don’t discriminate!)
- Out of state? We’ll help you relocate! (we have two offices, one in Salt Lake City and another in Minneapolis - we’ll want you here with us)
- We know you chose to be a developer or engineer for a reason - Drip has meaningful problems to solve and you’ll be making an actual #Impact.
- Morning stretches are amazing, but so are career stretches. As Drip continues to grow, you’ll continue to see #Growth, too.
- WE HAVE #FUN. Straight up.
- Sick of office politics/jerks? We don’t even know what those are here!