Golang Software Engineer in Infrastructure (f/m)
Fraugster is a German-Israeli payment security company with the goal of eliminating fraud and increasing our customers’ profits. Over the last two years we’ve invented an artificial intelligence technology that combines human-like accuracy with machine scalability. This ability lets us foresee fraudulent attacks before they actually happen and gives us a distinct competitive advantage over every other player in the payment security space.
We work with some of the most well-known payment and e-commerce companies in the world. Notable clients include Wirecard, Ingenico and Credorax. Fraugster is backed by top tier investors and is currently managing billions of euros for our clients.
We’re looking for someone to help us build services to simulate global transaction volumes for validating our fraud prevention systems as part of our analytical testing environment and CI/CD pipelines.
You are interested in the prospect of joining a technology start-up along with the good, bad and the ugly that goes with it.
We don’t offer a structured and corporate environment - if you are seeking that please alter your search to “small cog in very large wheel”.
On the upside, you will be involved in organising and running with your own projects and ideas, managing your own workload, a cross functional, rapidly changing work environment and no middle management!
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Working with Golang, Docker & Kubernetes
- Wearing multiple hats, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done!
- Building the infrastructure behind high availability services
- Doing performance analysis of large production systems
- Automating manual workflows to eliminate operational toil
- Pretending to like Arnold Schwarzenegger (really, don’t ask)
- Drinking coffee and eating donuts; repeating as needed
- Designing and implementing new features & services
- Bringing your own ideas to the table!
- Participating in kicker tournaments and beating your manager at Mortal Kombat on PS4
You must have the following skills/experience:
- You have significant experience building similar distributed systems with a focus on writing high quality maintainable code
- Previous applied knowledge of Golang - if you want to show us some of your code that would be great
- Exposure to reliability engineering and devops culture.
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms and distributed systems
- Experience working on large projects and building production systems
- Good understanding of monitoring & performance analysis
- Up-to-date Linux kernel knowledge with regards to tracing and some experience in Docker
- Understanding the difference between there, their and they’re - aka fluent in spoken and written English
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer:
- A dynamic, highly motivated and diverse team
- Casual dress code - we haven’t had anyone turn up in their dressing down and pyjamas yet but we’re all looking forward to it
- An opportunity to make a big impact in an AI startup
- An endless supply of coffee, tea, club mate, cookies and fruit
- Hands-on experience in building a new product
- A company laptop, Mac or Windows - up to you!
- Your own projects & room for growth
- An environment that allows for frequent Fifa/Kicker matches
- Competitive salary and company shares
- Regular team events and a newly decorated office in Berlin
- Free dinners every Monday delivered straight to the office
- Flexible working hours
Should you wish to apply, please send us your CV and tell us why you think you should be our next hire.
No brogrammers or rockstars please, only nice, genuine humans with a wicked sense of humour preferably.
We look forward to receiving your application!
How to apply
Please apply by visiting our website: https://www.fraugster.com/jobs/golang-software-engineer-in-infrastructure-fm
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.