Nulab is a fun-spirited Japanese software company with offices all over the world.
For our brand new Amsterdam office we are looking for a Back-End Developer (Java/Go) responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A solid understanding of front-end technologies is therefore useful as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Design and Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions and multi threaded Web Application (Java)
- Develops applications using dependency injection and configuration driven behaviors
- Conduct Unit tests, code review, refactoring current source code, assessment and improvement of performance.
- Settings and improvement on CI (ex.Jenkins)
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of developing back-end services using Go and/or Java
- Strong knowledge on API connection security such as Token-based and Oauth2 authentication.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, scripting, setup and administration of backups
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests (JUnit, Jenkins)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- JDBC, SQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Excellent understanding of OOP, Design Patterns.
- Build tool: Maven, Gradle, Dep for Go
- Microservice architecture: Graphql and Grpc
- Web Services development experience, knowledge of Linux/UNIX, SQL.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Autonomous and hands-on role that will truly make an impact; join Nulab at an exciting time of growth.
- A great workplace in one of Amsterdam’s coolest co-working spaces
- A permanent contract
- Be one of the first members of a new team, get a say in everything!
- Travel expenses
- Office snacks, happy hours, and more…!
Please note: this position is only open to EU citizens or expats with an existing EU work permit. Sorry, no visa sponsorship available!
How to apply
You can fill in the application form and upload your CV here: https://nulab-inc.com/about/careers/javagolang-developer-cacoo/