Founded in Sweden 2013, Readly is leading the digital magazine revolution, giving users unlimited access to the entire content portfolio of over 3 000+ magazine titles for a fixed monthly fee. Our ‘content as a service’ model is disrupting the conventional publishing model through clear, customer-centric digital transformation.
We have just left the start-up scene and now we are on our way to become a proven scale-up with great organic growth. You will be given a great deal of freedom and an opportunity to grow. Our people are, just like you, humble team players that have the courage to try new things and value transparency. Join a team that is really passionate about our product and proud over the portfolio that we have. Now, we are looking for a Junior Back-End Developer to help us improve our customer experience.
The Junior Back-End Developer will be creating, coding, and improving our applications and databases that, when combined with front-end codes, help create a functional, seamless experience for our audience. Working with a really talented team of developers you will be improving our product releases and enhancing our customer experience.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain services capable of delivering content to our audience
- Contribute to and ensure the completion of code development so that product releases reach general availability on time
- Collaborating with our product team and developers to design more functional, cohesive software to enhance the reading experience
- Developing ideas for new features or products by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Recording data and report it to proper stakeholders within Readly
- Work in agile development methodologies
The Junior Back-End Developer will be a well-rounded developer who brings a proven track record of success within a digital environment.
- Developer Experience – You have experience with programming and preferably have knowledge of Linux, Ruby and Go. Preferably, you bring some experience of working in a smaller, growth company and will therefore be suited to the pace, ambiguity and accountability.
- Culture Fit – You will embody our culture of bravery, humility and transparency and be passionate about helping us achieve our goals. You accept challenges, take responsibility and follow through. You seek out different perspectives, ideas and opinions and you share information openly and proactively.