Full remote work possible (European time zones only).
We are the fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German-speaking region and are based in Vienna. We are active in more than a dozen countries. Through our marketplace, we sell completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops, and tablets that are 40% cheaper and much more sustainable.
Learn more about how we work and how our team is structured - https://www.refurbed.org/about/workflow/
Learn more about our backend systems & architecture - https://www.refurbed.org/about/backend/
Learn more about our blog - https://www.refurbed.org/
We are looking for a lead backend developer with a solid background in designing and implementing Go backend services to support us in improving our e-commerce platform and to lead a remote team of software developers.
Who you are
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development using the Go programming language
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- Experience in leading a team of software engineers
- Experience with working in an agile work environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- You have worked in a team of remote developers before
- You enjoy working with people
- You work independently and are goal-oriented.
- You have excellent English skills
- You are located in one of the European time zones
What you'll do
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Ensure a high-quality codebase
- Be responsible for code reviews and merges
- Lead a team consisting of frontend and backend developers
- Hold regular 1-on-1 meetings with your team members and ensure team health
- Work together with product management and other teams
Additional factors we appreciate
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with *nix systems
- You have experience working with NGINX
- You have experience working with RabbitMQ
- You have experience working on highly available and fault-tolerant systems
- You are active in the open-source community
Why you should work with us
- Startup atmosphere
- Work with an experienced team of experts
- Regular code-reviews
- Challenging tech-stack
- Available as a fully remote position
- 25 vacation days
Things we want to see from you:
Your expected salary
Your Github/GitLab profile or open-source projects you contributed to
Other representative examples of your work that are relevant to the position
If you are active in communities like StackOverflow, please let us know as well
For legal matters, we state that the minimum wage for this position is 42,000 € gross per year. However, depending on your qualification a higher salary is obviously very likely.
How to apply
Please apply here: https://refurbed.jobs.personio.de/job/302840?_pc=273833#apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.