Senior Software Engineer – Mobile
The Couchbase Mobile team is looking for a software engineer to join their Sync Gateway team. Sync Gateway is a data synchronization server that enables Couchbase Server to act as a replication endpoint for our mobile database Couchbase Lite. Sync Gateway maintains up-to-date copies of documents where users need them additionally providing access control and security.
What Will You Do?
As part of our core development team you will be working on the design and implementation of the next generation of features.
Day to day duties will include programming, feature design, bug fixing and code reviews.
Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability.
Liaise directly with the Technical Support team to help debug and resolve high priority customer issues.
As well as the product itself, you’ll be challenged to improve the tools and processes we use every day.
Help create user-focused documentation for the features you create.
Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors.
What Are You Like?
- BS Computer Science
- 5+ years programming experience
- Experienced in concurrency / multi-threaded programming
- Would ideally be able to demonstrate experience in large scale, distributed systems and understand the techniques involved in making these systems scale and perform.
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player.
- Familiarity with distributed networked server systems that run cross-platform on Linux and Windows is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, CVS).
- Experience with the GO programming language a plus
- Familiarity with REST interfaces a plus
How to apply
Please send a CV to email@example.com