Swarm Research Team
Swarm is a system of peer-to-peer networked nodes that create a decentralised storage and communication service. The system is economically self-sustaining due to a built-in incentive system enforced through smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain.
Swarm aspires to shape the future towards a self-sovereign global society and permissionless open markets. On Swarm, applications can run autonomously yet securely in a planetary-scale deployment and execution environment.
The Swarm Research Team is tasked with rigorously spelling out and analysing Swarm’s underlying theory as well as the current implementation. We create theories, write code, run experiments and make concrete suggestions to Swarm’s engineering teams for further improvements. Our work is consumed by various Swarm teams, as well as the wider (research) community.
We are looking for a profile that can help increase the understanding of Swarm and improve communication of what Swarm is by clearly articulating all of our assumptions and choices and making models to communicate, refine and challenge these.
- Contributing to the ongoing work effort of specifying Swarm’s protocols and strategies
- Leading the effort to build a TLA+ model of all Swarm’s protocols, basing yourself on source-code analysis and conversations with various stakeholders
- Collaborating with the engineering and research teams to interpret the TLA+ model and draw the right conclusions
- Communicate and validate any iteration of Swarm by means of modelling
- Assessing Swarm’s assumed game-theoretic equilibria, using modelling frameworks such as CadCad
- You are a self-starter
- You like to help others
- You have a technical background
- You are curious
- You like to work remotely
- You are analytically minded
- You can express yourself fluently in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with either or both TLA+ and CadCad or willing to learn
- Understanding of Golang, Kubernetes, Grafana, Jaeger, OpenTracing and Typescript or willing to learn
- A good grasp of distributed systems
- Competitive compensation as an independent contractor
- An open, flat and transparent work environment
- The opportunity to be part of a diverse and ambitious remote team
- Flexible working hours and remote work
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and GitHub profile link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.