At Snug our mission is to reimagine the renting experience, deliver lower cost services and better value for owners, renters and managers. Snug’s goal is to bring respectful transparency, communication and trust to a broken rental system by bringing owners, renters and managers together.
The talented and experienced start up team at Snug are driven by passion and the strong ambition to create a better way to rent. We believe when renting feels good, it’s Snug.
We're after thoughtful engineers who are passionate and take pride in the positive impact of their work, thrive when working with interesting people and love building great software products and platforms. We value continuous learning, enthusiasm and the confidence to get involved in most projects.
If you're a senior and/or lead engineer with solid Golang experience applied to building scaled web products and data pipelines who brings passion for building great software products, technical excellence and leadership, you should join our growing team.
Joining Snug will mean getting in on the ground floor to build software and products that will change the lives of millions of people in Australia and around the world. This is an opportunity to join and shape that journey.
As an Engineer in our team you will need:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- A least 8 years software development experience including 3+ years developing web applications in product environment
- Demonstrated passion for learning new languages, technologies and frameworks
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Strong Go (Golang) experience or strong back-end expertise (Java or C#) and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Experience with the full web stack performance optimisation techniques including the front end application, networking stack and web server components
- Experience in designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.)
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Expertise and rigour in software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.)
How to apply
Send your resume, portfolio and anything else that best shows off you and your work to email@example.com