Buzzer Media, Inc. is seeking an experienced Platform Engineer with extensive cloud infrastructure and backend engineering experience to join Buzzer. This is a critical role on our engineering team to build a scalable and accurate solution to serve customers personalized notifications regarding upcoming, interesting live sports look-ins. The role will be essential to building out our backend as we partner with various sports leagues and data providers, each with their own sets of specs and requirements.
The Platform Engineer works directly with the Engineering and Product teams composed of our Product Manager, UX Designers, and engineers.
In this role you will:
- Platform Engineering: Directly work on the implementation and development of backend microservices and management of related data stores. You will work closely with other engineering teams to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment: Create and maintain continuous integration and deployment processes, ensuring the entire CI/CD pipeline works as intended.
- Experience with Go (or other strongly typed languages, such as Java, C, C++)
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, and Redis)
- Familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems, including Git
- Previous experience working in an agile environment with 2-week sprints
- Experience developing and managing scalable infrastructure and applications in the cloud (ideally within AWS)
- Experience with Terraform (or other IaaC tools, such as CloudFormation)
- Experience with microservice development
- Experience with sports media applications and/or design
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Buzzer is a mobile first, notification-driven platform for live sports, personalized to the fan’s interests & preferences. We take fans from league to league and game to game instantaneously on their mobile device. Our technology, powered by micropayments, push notifications and authentication of existing Pay-TV/OTT subscriptions, allows us to deliver real-time content that reflects the true interests of each individual fan and removes traditional barriers to live viewership.
Our mission is to simplify the discovery and consumption of these live moments. We celebrate our community of fans who are fueled by their passion for sports. Founded in a hub of sports, our growing remote team respects tradition while valuing innovation. Our belief is that as a leading unifier of the sports ecosystem, we can foster togetherness through meaningful touchpoints & across generations.
About Strive: Buzzer’s Commitment to Social Impact
Strive is an intentional and impactful initiative that will utilize Buzzer’s unifying platform to invest in equitable outcomes for Black, Indigenous and People of Color. Buzzer is dedicated to leveling the playing field through our company’s mission, values, product and financial tools in order to create more opportunities for communities of color. Strive will serve as that vehicle for Buzzer to drive positive change and outcomes in our society.
Our 1x1x1 Impact Model is designed to invest in these communities through three strategies:
- Equity: 1% of the company’s equity will be protected and allocated to ‘leveling the playing field.’ This fund will ensure that Strive is prioritized and scales at the same rate of our growth. The reinvestment will support Strive’s mission, partners and causes. As our investment in this area grows, the company grows.
- Net Profits: 1% of net profits will be reinvested into partnering non-profits focused on enhancing and empowering Black communities and communities of color. This near-term solution is meant to partner and contribute to impactful organizations that are providing resources and support for our future leaders and customers.
- Consumer Donation: 1% of a user’s purchase can be donated to a participating non-profit organization by allowing users to round up their $.99 micropayment to $1.00. The ambition of this product feature is to highlight opportunities for consumers to engage with and learn about organizations that are investing in communities of color.
Buzzer is proud to share that our first product was the Strive Mentorship program, a global mentorship program connecting over 500 industry professionals with over 500 black college students predominantly from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and other universities. This mentorship program ultimately inspired the Strive initiative and represents our ambitions to lead by doing the right thing for our potential customers, partners, and employees.
How to apply
Please apply at: https://angel.co/company/buzzer-inc/jobs/1099022-platform-engineer
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.